BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Sport
Level 2 BTEC First qualification has an essential core of knowledge and applied skills. We have introduced external assessment appropriate to the sector. This provides independent evidence of learning and progression alongside the predominantly portfolio-based assessment.
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting: September 2020
- Location: Example location
BTECs are vocationally related qualifications, where learners develop knowledge and understanding by applying their learning and skills in a work-related context. The qualifications are popular and effective because they enable learners to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop skills that are essential for the modern-day workplace. These skills include: teamworking, working from a prescribed brief, working to deadlines, presenting information effectively, accurately completing administrative tasks and processes. BTEC Firsts motivate learners, and open doors to progression to further study and responsibility in the workplace.
- Anatomy & Physiology for Sport Performance
- Practical Sports Performance
- Training for Personal Fitness (optional)
- Fitness for Sport & Exercise
- Injury in Sport (optional)
- The Mind and Sport Performance
- Unit 6 Leading Sports Activities (optional)
- Lifestyle and Wellbeing (optional)