School Leavers 16+ Study Programme – Sports
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport (Football)
Duration: 2 Years
Entry Requirements: To be considered for this course, you will need 4 GCSE’s at A*-G.
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport (Performance & Excellence) – worth up to 3 A Levels and will facilitate an entrance into university.
- GCSE English and/or Maths – For Those who just miss out on a C in English and/or Mathematics, we provide tuition to retake these all-important qualifications. Essential for those that want move on to university.
- Functional skills in English and/or Maths – For those that missed out on GCSE English and/or Mathematics, functional skills may be the best route for progression.
A BTEC National Extended Diploma is traditionally made up of a series of units. During the course you will cover the following.
- Principles of Anatomy & Physiology
- The Physiology of Fitness
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Fitness Testing for Sport & Exercise
- Sports Nutrition
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Analysis of Sports Performance
- Technical & Tactical Skills in Sports
- The Athlete’s Lifestyle
- Sports Coaching
- Current Issues in Sport
- Practical Team Sport
- Instructing Physical Activity & Exercise
- Talent Identification & Development in Sport
- Sports Injuries
- Work Experience in Sport Rules, Regulations & Officiating in Sport
- Sport as a Business.