What do we offer at Romford FC?
The educational programme offers a unique opportunity for students to train and study in an environment that will develop their academic and sporting performance. In our football development programme with academic studies will base at one of our training centres. Here students will benefit from an excellent range of training facilities and dedicated classroom for academic studies.
All Academy students will receive daily training involving individual and team coaching on from highly qualified coaches who are affiliated to their sports. With advice-giving to students on fitness, nutrition, development with regular appraisals and monitoring each students performance
QUALIFICATION TO CHOOSE:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport, Coaching and Fitness (QCF)
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Supporting The Delivery of Physical Education and School Sport
- Level 2 NVQ in Activity Leadership (QCF)
- Sport Level 2 Coaching Apprenticeship
- Institute For Apprenticeships Community Sport and Health Officer – Level 3
- Institute For Apprenticeships Community Activator Coach
…and many more if you have questions please contact us on our social media and one of our team will get back to you. These courses are designed to give our students the opportunities to progress to University, not only in the UK but also the USA (football scholarship) or even full-time work in leisure.
Students sign up to a two-year full-time academic programme with course options linked to their GCSE results or alternative academic studies with them being able to enrol onto one of the following courses:
- BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Sport
- BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Sport
- BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Sport
- GCSE & Functional Skills in Maths and English
- Minimum of 3 GCSEs grade A-C or 4 and above in Maths and English
- A minimum of two ID documents to prove eligibility to be educated in England
- EU Students – an in-date passport, birth certificate or national insurance number.
- Non-EU students – must provide visa documents that state your residency details along with a national insurance number.
POTENTIAL PATHWAYS/EXIT ROUTES
There are many potential pathways open to graduates on completion of their academic journey, which may include but not limited to:
- Scholarship at a Professional Football Club
- Contract offer at a Professional Football Club, Non- League or Club with the Football Pyramid
- Opportunities to attend University and/or Football Scholarship within America.
- Football Coaching or Career within the Leisure Industry.
NEXT STEPS/EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
If you feel that Romford Football Academy is the place that you would like to continue developing both as a player and academically, then to secure your place at one of our trial dates please complete the online registration form.
Once you have registered, all you will need to do is attend the trial date selected, where you will be met by members of Romford Football Academy who will arrange for you to complete an initial academic assessment, then take part in a training and/or games session that will allow us an opportunity to gain a greater understanding of you both on the pitch and within the classroom.
All players who wish to attend the trials will be required to attend with the correct kit to take part in a training session including boots and shin pads with plenty of fluids – changing facilities and showers will be accessible to use after training.